I had the joyous opportunity to see my parents in South Africa recently. As they are loving and kind parents, they saw fit to bring me an ENTIRE suitcase full of goodies (!!) as well as taking me to lovely vineyards and wineries to taste and be merry. And merry I am, as I brought back two bottle of some of the most lovely wine I have had in ages. If you ever see a wine from Boekenhoustkloof in South Africa, buy it. Don’t think twice. Buy a bottle, drink it and enjoy it, and then send a case to me in Meheba :) I can’t believe a bottle from the winery was the equivalent of $4. Outstanding!
This evening Jeremy and I decided to indulge ourselves with two of the goodies I brought back from South Africa: Chili spices from Texas and Boekenhoustkloof wine (a lovely pairing actually). We were able to find green peppers in the market in Solwezi and were inspired to make the 2 Alarm Texas Chili my parents brought me to make the best darn bean chili this side of the….Nile? I dare say yes.
And I dare say we deserved it. While I am sure you all are tired of reading about ants, I guarantee you I am more tired of fighting them. Last night we saw a return of the ants, thankfully outside our house this time, and rallied the troops (aka book bus volunteers that have been camping behind our house for two weeks) and created an all-too-efficient-for-Zambia assembly line collecting leaves and brush and creating a perimeter to burn to keep the ants away. It worked. I hope this is the last we see of them. Fingers crossed….perpetually.
Oh Happy Day - August 11
Wednesday, September 2, 2009 | Posted by Texas at 8:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
ok, i ran into your parents at the gym, they told me about your blog, and now i miss you like crazy reading this! you are having such an adventure! it's so totally mindblowing and amazing! i love you lady and i am so proud of you!!!
-becca d.
Post a Comment