I mentioned in my previous post that I have decided to extend my contract another six months. While I’m unbelievably excited about this opportunity, there is also the added burden of additional fundraising. To come for the first six months I needed to raise $3,500 for FORGE, and through your generosity I did! With the addition of six months to my contract, my fundraising obligation goes up to a total of $5,000, or an additional $1,500. I know times are tough around the globe and I know that many of you already made donations to FORGE and have other charitable contributions you make, especially around the holidays, but I would sincerely appreciate your consideration of a donation to FORGE this season as well. FORGE is a lean organization and you can track every dollar you donate. On their website you can even chose which project you would like your donation to support, although unassigned donations are always appreciated as well since they can be directed to the most urgent needs. If you are considering a donation, all I ask is that you please include my name so that the donation counts towards my fundraising goals for the organization. You can find all of the information you need to make an online donation at www.FORGEnow.org or of course you can mail a check to 1904 Franklin St. Suite 701, Oakland, CA 94612. FORGE is a non-profit organization and all donations are tax deductible.
Thank you for your commitment to me and to FORGE. I know I don’t update this blog often enough and your commitment to reading and following my bumbling accounts of life in Meheba is a testament to how much you must truly care :) Or at least how board you are at work…
Shameless Fundraising Plug
Wednesday, November 4, 2009 | Posted by Texas at 11:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Kudos to you Jess for extending your stay. I knew you would. I'll be sure to donate :)
-Shelli
Post a Comment