I'm here!!

I'm sorry for the silence over the past few weeks, but I am indeed in Zambia and have been spending the past two weeks in Meheba getting to know everyone I will be working with and being trained by the outgoing Project Managers. I will be posting some blogs I have written over the past two weeks but have been unable to upload here due to lack of internet.

We will be coming into Solwezi, the nearest town to Meheba, every two weeks, at which point I'll be able to upload blogs and check email. I hope to have LOTS of comments from all of you and I hope you enjoy the blog posts. Check back tomorrow for new pictures and posts that I'll upload and post date so you will have something to read more frequently than every two weeks.

I'm loving my time here, the people I will be working with, and the projects we will be working on. The blogs you will read from here out will be two weeks delayed, but will chronicle what I'm doing and will hopefully be heavy on pictures. Miss you all and hope to hear from you soon!!

EDIT: So the internet quality in Solwezi is not so good...very slow and apparently not very conducive for uploading photos. I'll keep working on it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jessica!
Great stuff. While you are no doubt on overload a bit just now, you are going to be perfect for that place! Soak it all in, the time will fly...and keep the blogs coming

Josh said...

Jess! Glad you've made it to the destination ok. I still can't really believe you're in Zambia! Until I see a picture of you there, it won't sink in that you're not on the other end of a skype call.

By the way, for the picture problem, you'll have a much better chance of getting it working if you downsize the photos before uploading. You can do this with most photo editing programs (photoshop for example). Gimp is a free photo-shop-like program, if you can download it. There are for sure much smaller programs that do the same thing if you look. Anyways, upload them pre-sized and compressed and you'll have waaay smaller files.

I want to read and see more! What's the food like? Have you made friends? What's the weirdest thing someone's asked you so far?

All the best,
Josh

Brent said...

Rock on, Jessica!

Jessica Neuse said...

Great to hear from you! Glad you made it and great to hear you are loving it! Can't wait to hear more and see pictures. Macey turns 8 years old on Monday and I am still job seeking!