Hello friends! I have arrived! I actually arrived in Lusaka Wednesday after more than 30 hours of travel. Since arrival in Lusaka we have been very busy running errands with the Lusaka FORGE staff and we will be leaving for Meheba, my home for the next six months, at 4:30am tomorrow. Tonight, however, we are making baked ziti from scratch and enjoying our last few hours at the FORGE house! While I can't wait to get to Meheba, I will be sad to say goodbye to my friend Sara from training who will be headed to a different camp, Kala. Our bus ride to Meheba will be 8-10 hours, but that's nothing compared to Sara's 15-17 hour ride!
As I am typing this I am sitting here in a layered fleece AND sweatshirt and two pairs of socks...I was not anticipating Lusaka to be this cold! I have the feeling this will not be the last surprise Zambia will throw at me. I’m looking forward to getting to the camp, and I promise I’ll snap pictures and upload them as soon as I can.
Safe and sound in Lusaka! - July 2
Thursday, July 2, 2009 | Posted by Texas at 6:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Jessica!! I just cannot wait until you upload some pictures of the camp!!!
Sounds like you are enjoy every moment of it!! =)
miss you so much!! but glad to hear that you are well..
Hey Jess
Can't wait to see the pictures. I can't picture you layered in fleece and I'm sitting in temps of 105 :)
Miss you
-Shelli
I'm looking forward to this ziti recipe... among many more to come I'm sure!
Good to hear from you. Good luck!!!
Post a Comment